My baby is a year old! I can't believe a year has gone by already.
We had a snowstorm on Hannah's birthday so Axel was home with us. Axel & Sophia spent most of the day playing outside in the snow. Sophia loved it but Hannah was not happy with the snow blowing in her face so she and I went out for little bits and then came in to play in the warm hours.
Sophia pulling Hannah on her sled while a kind neighbor snow blows our sidewalk.

Dealing with the snow blowing in her face but not too pleased with it. The sled ride was fun though.

Sophia wanted to make a snowman (not successful since we didn't get good packing snow) and snow angels. Hannah didn't like sitting in the snow so she was a trooper and sat in her sled for a few minutes until Mom rescued her and brought her inside.

watching Sophia play in the snow, not understanding what the appeal is

Sophia learning how to make a snow angel

Sophia thought it was so much fun she wanted to help Hannah make her own snow angel. Hannah was dealing with sitting in the snow but was not about to lie down in it!

Hannah sleeps with a stuffed bunny so I decided to make her a bunny cake. Unfortunetely, our oven is on it's last leg and does not bake well. The first cake was burnt on the edges and jiggly in the middle and was thrown in the trash. The second cake stuck to the pan so badly I had to pull out all the pieces. The third cake stuck but I was able to salvage enough to carve out bunny ears. (I want a new oven!)

chocolate cake for the bunny's head & face- intact but bubbly. I leveled off the top to take care of it. (Did I mention that I hate our oven.)


carved and partially frosted. I carved the head & ears and asked Axel for his opinion and then he did the face & bowtie.

not too bad for our first carved cake. next time I will leave enough time to do a crumb coating before the real frosting.

We started the morning of the party by letting Hannah open her gift from Mom & Dad and he gift from Sophia.

Hannah proudly showing that she was able to get off a piece of wrapping paper (before Sophia got to it).

playing with her birthday balloons

The birthday girl! She loved this hat when we were shopping- she put it right on and wore it all through the store. However, every time I put it on her at the party she took it right off.

singing Happy Birthday

Hannah got the bunny's bowtie but didn't seem to know what to do with it when I put it on her tray until Axel handed her a spoon and showed her that she could scoop out a bite.
Such a dainty first bite of cake.
Hannah quickly got the hang of eating her cake with a combination of her spoon and fingers.

surveying the mess

maybe if I cover it up with my plate they won't notice




Eve playing with Sophia's zhuzhu pet

Eve learning why the zhuzhu pet has a warning to keep away from child's hair. Eve's first haircut came happened right after this photo to get the hamster out of her hair. Poor Eve was a trooper and stayed nice and calm the whole time and was rewarded with an extra piece of cake. :)

Hannah had lots of help opening her gifts



patiently looking on as her big sister inspects her gifts (gotta be sure that they're safe for Hannah)


Auntie Christine & baby Zachary

testing out her new car and loving it!

beep beep- the horn works great!

squealing with delight as Sophia pushes her around the house

Hannah had a great time at her party, even though we are lacking smiling pictures. She generally approaches new situations seriously so while she clearly loved eating her cake and playing with her friends, the pictures don't necessarily reflect it.
Hannah's hair is getting longer and she is getting curls, just like Sophia

Cake aftermath and a smile.
Sophia and Hannah had lots of fun playing with all the balloons after the party. Before I got out my camera, Sophia was walking around with the balloon that said Happy birthday and singing to Hannah over and over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment