Life has been crazy busy so it is July 1 and I'm finally posting pics from a month ago! We had a great time at our annual girls weekend in Christmas Cove, Maine with Gramma, Great-Gramma, Great-Dot, Auntie Christine and Zachary (we broke the girls only rule for Zach).
Sophia the navigator, finding us on the map
Hannah taking a walk with her buddy Great-Dot. checking out the cold ocean water!
Great-Gramma & Sophia writing everyone's names in the sand
Ooohh chilly toes! Sophia had been talking all week about putting her toes in the water but once we got to the beach she didn't want to go in unless I stopped the waves. Needless to say, Sophia did not dip her toes in the water (but I did pick her up and dunk her feet in so that I wouldn't have to hear "I want to put my toes in"after we left the beach.)
After the first few minutes of getting used to walking on the sand, Hannah had a ball! Zachary wasn't so sure about the sand (or the cold weather). You can see that her pants are soaking wet. While playing in the waves, Hannah fell on her bottom right into the freezing water but was unfazed and went back to grabbing handfuls of sand.

fun digging, even if we had to wear pants & coats instead of bathing suits & sunscreen.
back at the house, Hannah got out the bird book and studied it carefully. I think she was trying to identify the birds we saw at the beach. ;)
fun signs in Jan's house


Happy Hannah at breakfast!
Gramma made Sophia a Minnie Mouse pancake for breakfast!
the girls had so much fun playing with Zachary! all 3 kids crawled all over the house.
Hannah had a lot of fun with the wind chime and was very good about being gentle and only using 1 finger to make the music.
Zachary signing the guest book (Hannah also left a handprint, and Sophia dictated a thank-you note to Gramma)
one last game of catch while Mommy packs our stuff up to go home

Mommy & Auntie took turns packing and keeping the kids entertained. what a view!
picnic lunch before we get in the cars. enjoying the last bit of fresh Maine air, and keeping the kids' lunch mess out of the house!
snack time. we had out chips & salsa and Hannah walked back and forth with her chip getting tiny scoops of salsa from Gramma for the longest time. As soon as she walked back to me she would turn around and say "more, more" as she walked back to Gramma.
I thought maybe I could get a nice picture of the girls by the lupine in the yard. They didn't exactly cooperate.
Hannah fell right asleep when we left. Sophia on the other hand talked for at least an hour and a half before giving in to a nap. Time to go home!

No comments:
Post a Comment