Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We had fun at the park after an in-costume sing-a-long at the Hamilton Community House. I didn't want to get Sophia's monkey costume dirty 2 days before Halloween, so she wore another outfit and borrowed her friend Ben's hat from his pumpkin costume to keep warm. She ran away from the playground to check out the field of jack-0-lanterns that were near the park.
Sophia had a monkey costume and loves Curious George so Axel put on a yellow shirt and Uncle Michael made him a yellow hat to make him the Man in the Yellow hat (from Curious George). Since I already look like I am smuggling a pumpkin under my shirt, I took decided to dress up my belly as a jack-o-lantern.
Our cute little monkey, all ready to head out for trick-or-treating. We had a beautiful night- 70 degrees!!!
Trick or treating, and admiring the halloween decorations. Sophia is particularly fond of pumpkins & scare crows. This is a bit blurry because I didn't adjust my camera for night shots, but I had to include it because Sophia kept stopping to check out the treats in her bucket. After a few houses she got the hang of it and instead of just saying "trick or treat," "please" and "thank-you" she added "more" after candy was put in her bucket. She got lots of smiles & laughs and extra pieces of candy so that her bucket was filled after just our street.
checking out her loot back at home
checking out her candy with Gramma while Uncle Michael looks on to see what he wants
more treats- one house gave little bags of candy and little containers of play dough!

No comments: